Friday, April 22, 2016

Earth Day



Today is earth day and I thought I would 'just for fun' create a card
worthy of the day!
You are suppose to plant a tree in honor of this day,
but I'm good as I normally plant one or two a year here.



I had an idea for this card, but as I was creating it, I begin to
like it less and less...lol.
So I completely started over and this is what I came up with.

I have a bunch of pre-scored card stock from my SU demonstrator days
and am bound and determined to use it up, though it may take me a lifetime!
I just find myself using mostly white card stock 
and ignoring all the pretty colors I have tons of!

So I used a pretty teal blue for the base,
and a designer paper from Echo Park Oh so Thankful collections.
The little owl is from the same collection

The globe is an SU designer paper
and the sentiment is Magenta.

That about sums it up.
It is raining here today as I am writing this up...
it is very dry so I am glad, plus it means I can
spend more time in my creative room!!

Entering the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments .... ATG
Cute card Thursday .... Add A Quotation 
Inspiration Destination .... ATG
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG




6 comments:

Lisa said...

This is beautiful, Diane!! I love the tree background!! The proverb is awesome!! Love it my friend!! Happy Earth Day!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

WOW you are right on top of things girlie!! Well done! I'm lucky to know what day of the week it is let alone that it's Happy Earth Day! BUT ... Happy Earth Day to you my friend!! Your card is fabulous and I love the sentiment ... perfect!

Leslie Miller said...

I didn't realize it was Earth Day until I was watching the news later. Oh, well, I hope I'm always doing my part. You're good to commemorate the day with a cute, earth-inspired card. Really love the proverb. Those are words to keep in mind. Fabulous Aspen tree designer paper and adorable owl. I started a nature card a few days ago, but can't seem to get back in there to finish it.

Andrea, said...

Great card, love the cute owl and such a fab quote.
Thank you for joining in this weeks CCT challenge

Jennifer Scull said...

I love this card for Earth Day! what a wonderful sentiment!

Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Aud Sentiments! :)

Unknown said...

Great card - love the background. Thank you for joining in with us on the Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog this week. Lynn - CCT Design Team x