Friday, July 31, 2015

Awareness Campaign Joint Blog Hop





Sparkle N Sprinkle and Die-Versions are partnering up for a very special joint blog hop, called the Awareness Campaign.  A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the newly released Die-Versions dies and the stamp sets revealed in the joint blog hop will go to help with cancer research.  
Almost every one has been touched by cancer is one way or another.  Either you or a family member has had cancer or you know someone who has had cancer.  The Designers from both teams are joining together to help the fight to eradicate all cancers by inspiring you.



Die-Versions is debuting NINE new Die-Versions low profile dies and Sparkle N Sprinkle is revealing THREE stamp sets for this Awareness Campaign.  
All stamp sets will be 20% off until Aug 3.  XXX is the stamp set featured with this month's Technique Video Kit.


The SNS sets are:
Pink Ribbon Background 408  (digi version DIGI408)
Survivor 713    (digi version DIGI713T)
Awareness 714   (digi version  DIGI714T)

A Grand Prize winner will be chosen from comments left on the Designers' blogs and will be announced on August 4th.  You won't know who the Mystery Designer is until after the Joint Blog hop, so remember to leave a comment with each of the Designers.  



The Winner will be announced on the Die-Versions Facebook page, the Sparkle N Sprinkle Facebook page, the DV Blog, and on the SNS Blog and will receive a $25 gift certificate from BOTH Die-Versions and Sparkle N Sprinkle.

We hope you enjoy the Awareness Joint Blog Hop as much as we have enjoyed creating new projects for it.  We also hope that we have inspired you as well.  Thanks for joining us and remember to comment on each of the Designers' blogs to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  (We love reading them too since your comments also inspire us.)  



The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge also begins today with lots of prizes and recognition badges.  Find out how you can become a SNS Featured Artist with special recognition on the SNS Facebook page as well as the Creative Challenge Winner's post.  From time to time, we also have special prizes just for Featured Artists.  The theme is always Anything Goes using Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flock.


Hopefully you came from Emmy's  blog.  Your next stop on the Awareness Campaign Blog Hop is Chris's blog.  If you get lost along the way or have a problem with a link, the complete list of Designers is located on both the Die-Versions Blog as well as the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog.  Happy Hopping!

Now for my creations!

By using the cancer calendar, 
which lists each month with each awareness and the colors
of ribbon used for that particular cancer, I chose September.
From September, I chose 3 different cancer awareness colors to represent.
I have to say I was shocked that I have known someone having cancer
from each of these listed....
it certainly does make you aware!

September


My first card represents Hodgkins Lymphoma.
I used the Die-Versions Awareness Heart "Whispers" Die DV-484
which to the edges I added Brushable Glue and coated with Sugar Plum Glitter.
For the banners you see, I used Awareness Stamp Set 714.


My second Card represents Lymphoma Awareness.
I cut a large CLD heart and embossed it for the card base.
was cut and applied to sticky back paper,
which I then coated with Spirited Green Glitter.

I stamped the ribbon image from the Awareness Stamp Set 714
and fussy cut out.
I next die cut Die-Versions Believe DV-479, then
using Brushable Glue, coated the middle letter/ribbon with


The third card I did is for Leukemia Awareness.
I used a Sizzix embossing folder and built off that.
I applied sticky back paper under the lattice die,
which is Billie's Circle, then coated it with Cloud 9 Glitter.

The ribbon is from the Awareness set 714,
was stamped in orange, then fussy cut out.
The banner words are from the same set!

I encourage you to join in the hop with us....thank you!!
Here is where you want to go next:
 Your next stop on the Awareness Campaign Blog Hop is Chris's blog.  If you get lost along the way or have a problem with a link, the complete list of Designers is located on both the Die-Versions Blog as well as the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog.  Happy Hopping!

29 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like each & every one with the wonderful colors and embellishments.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, my friend, they are all amazing!! I love how you've used the dies!! The designs and details are so fabulous!! And what gorgeous sparkle!! I'm so, so happy to be hopping with you!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Diane- I like how you made the cards for different types of cancer. Each card is unique and wonderful. Such great cards!
Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend. Hugs.

Beverly Myers-Dominguez said...

Purple is also the color for pancreatic cancer... Lost my Dad to it.
Beautiful cards - and so nice to acknowledge different forms of cancer.

Anne Temple said...

All of these are so different and so fabulous! I love the bright colors and your designs. I especially love all the layering on the second one and Spirited Green is the perfect glitter color for Lymphoma.

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! Each of your card is so beautiful! I love the Sugar Plum glitter on the Awareness Heart, it looks amazing! I think it is brilliant how you combined the Awareness Heart and the Believe die together! And I love the embossing folder you used for the background on your third card! The are all awesome!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous designs. Love the hearts in your design with the embossing texture and the glitter. Fun colors too.

Jessica K said...

I love all the colors and what they represent. Wonderful!

Mary M said...

Love all three cards, but the green one is my favorite. great cards and great use of all the products.

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Diane - These are gorgeous! I love the Spirited Green glitter on the Lymphoma card. All of these are wonderful, and I do love all your colors. You made me smile! Thanks for helping to bring awareness to the fight against cancer.

AuntDi said...

All these cards are wonderful. They are all so different but I can't pick a favorite. The different techniques you used and all the embellishments make each one very special.

Colleen said...

All 3 cards are simply amazing, I did not know there was a monthly calendar to represent each cancer. My dad died from lung cancer and several other relatives have as well. The orange card is very pretty by the way

Unknown said...

Such great designs. I love the look of the first card. The third card is great. A friend of mine lost a child to leukemia a little over a year ago and this really touched me.

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful cards for a wonderful cause ... Well done to you my friend!

Darlene said...

WOW you've been a busy girl and these cards are AMAZING! What a great job for an awesome cause! Of course the purple card of course is my favorite and especially since hubby is a hodgkins lymphoma survivor! Well done my friend!

Shona Erlenborn said...

They are all gorgeous, but my favorite is the last one. Love how you started with the embossing folder and built on that! Very creative - also love the little banner ribbon. Gorgeous creation!

Unknown said...

The use of colors for each type of cancer was great.

Pat said...

Great cards! I appreciate knowing that certain colors are cancer specific.

Unknown said...

I wish I could reach into the computer screen to touch your cards to feel the texture you have created on your cards. One idea of yours that I will copy is the use of the, "clothes line", across the top of the card, I like how you have one side higher than the other, clever.

Anke said...

Love your cards, specially the first one, your colours are great.
Thanks.

Mary Holshouser said...

the cards are beautiful.
It's a shame that they have to represent a terrible disease.
I didn't know that certain months were designated for certain cancers. September is a busy month.
thanks for sharing

Brenda said...

just gorgeous - what a cheerful way to boost someone's spirits

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how Pretty! LOVE the shimmer, and embossing and the different colors to show encouragement! :)

Theresa

Donna said...

All three are fabulous, like your use of vivid colors, they would brighten the recipients day so much.

Cheryl B said...

I like the leukemia awareness card best of all! Unfortunately, my dad died of leukemia.

gobarb26 said...

I like how you incorporated the different cancers with your cards. I have Multiple Myeloma which is in the Leukemia family. Our ribbon is burgundy and our awareness month is April...Thanks for doing this hop!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love that you made cards for many different cancers- love all of the shimmer and different colors. Fabulous!

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful projects and thank you for helping to raise awareness of cancer and to make a difference by being a part of this cool hop!! I applaud you!!

Donna Ellis said...

Diane, what incredible layers of die cuts and textures in your pretty cards! I love that you choose a variety of colors in your creations to remind us about all the cancers being fought.