Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rain Clouds

This is my post on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog today
for our current challenge
using the inspiration photo below.
Don't forget you can use my discount code DIANE-10
anytime to save 10% on your online CCNS order!


Hello Classy Friends, Diane here with you today
to share my card I made for this weeks challenge
Rainy Days.


 I had a lot of fun with this card.....
first by stenciling Memory Box Texture Raindrops
onto a blue card stock using Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste.

Once the paste had dried I die cut 2 large clouds from
Memory Box Cloud Bank.
I have to say, this is my "go to" die for all my clouds!

I die cut an umbrella using Spellbinders Umbrella Trio.
The umbrella was stamped with Impression Obsession Gingham Cover A card
background stamp.
I only inked a small portion for the umbrella.

I used a Versamark pen on the handle and tip of the umbrella,
then heat set it with Sparkle N Sprinkle Silver Detail embossing powder!


The umbrella was filled with Memory Box Dancing Tulips. and
Impression Obsession Grass that I cut apart.
For a bit of added textural fun,
I added a few Dew Drops Water.



Entering the following challenges:
A Gem of A Challenge .... Spring Is In The Air
Shopping Our Stash ...Lost and Found use something found
in your stash...Yellow Vellum and the Versamark Pen
Clear It Out .... Yellow Things..Stash:  Vellum

We would love for you to join OUR challenge with us.
I can't wait to see what you create.

To see the complete rules, please go HERE.



11 comments:

Beth Brovold said...

What a fabulous take on the photo Diane!! This is so elegant and beautiful!! Have a great day!
Take care,
Beth

Ros Crawford said...

I love this Diane!! What an adorable creation ... Love the stencilled clouds and that fabulous up turned umbrella of tulips!! Wonderful design! Have fun in your garden ... so glad your weather has improved ... Hope to get to the mail this week with your die ...

Chana Malkah said...

Wonderful interpretaion of the inpiration photo. Thanks so much for playing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Lisa said...

This is so creative and gorgeous!! I love the umbrella filled with tulips!! The rain clouds are gorgeous!! I love the stenciled rain drops!! This is amazing my friend!! Springy and fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Hanna said...

Such a bright, pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Darlene said...

OMG this is tooooooo cute! Love the flowers! Totally adorable creation!

Leslie Miller said...

You're such a busy card-making gal I can hardly keep up! I can't believe how much you've done since my last visit. Of course, this from a person who's lucky to manage one or two cards a week. This is one delightfully fabulous card, Diane! It's every bit as pretty as the inspiration photo. Love the pretty gingham umbrella and the tulips. Oh, so pretty!

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful card and such a great use of those fabulous "lost and found" items! (especially that yellow vellum! WOW!) thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

That yellow vellum is just so vibrant & perfect! Awesome tiny details with the embossing & those precious flowers. Thanks for coming to play at SOS :)

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, what a stunning card, love the stenciled clouds, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx