Thursday, January 15, 2015

Shabby Chic Quilt Blocks

It is time again for a NEW challenge at the Dies R Us challenge blog
and this week the theme is "Embossing Folders".
So get those folders out and join in...the only other requirement is to use
a die (after all, that is what Dies R Us is all about..right?)!!


  I went a "Shabby Chic" route this time,
which happens to be a favorite design of mine.
Nothing like pretty soft colors, lace and pink to cheer up a day!!


I started with a wonderful new embossing folder that has all these gorgeous
little embossed quilt squares on it.
 I will have a list of the dies and links to them I used below, at the post bottom.
I took several pictures so you can see some of the blocks.
(The ones I haven't covered up that is)...LOL!

The background paper that I embossed is Graphic 45 Little Darlings.
The jar is one I purchased from an Etsy sight, isn't it gorgeous?
And, here I have used those little Heart Stems once again,
I told you, you would be seeing them a lot on my blog!!  I just love these things!


I made the Roses and Rose leaves, and funny thing is, 
all 3 Roses were constructed of the same paper, but I only inked the edges of
two, using TH Distress Worn Lipstick ink.  I added Frosted Lace Stickles to each Rose.
The sentiment is from Flourishes Always Blooming set.
Goodness how I miss that stamp company, good thing I have LOTS of their stamps!

I tucked a little "crochet" die cut under the jar for a doily.

Make sure to stop over at the "Dies R Us" challenge blog.
Just by entering, you could be our "random draw" winner
AND
you can see all the other beautiful creativeness by my challenge teammates!!

PoppyStamps Crochet Corner

Entering the following challenges:
Design Team Showcase .... DT only
As You Like It .... Favorite EB Folder and Why
It is my newest Quilt Blocks EB folder, and I just LOVE all the different little details in 
each beautiful embossed square!
In The Pink .... Anything goes With PINK!
Moving Along With The Times .... Dies/Punches
Word Art Wednesday .... Anything Goes
Craft Dee Bowz .... Anything Goes With A Bow

20 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful! I can't believe you made those roses! Love the embossing folder and pretty paper. Shabby rocks!

brenda said...

So pretty and feminine looking Diane.

B x

Lisa said...

Okay, I was looking at your stunning card thinking, how did she use so many embossing folders for the squares...no idea it was one folder!! :) This is so gorgeous, Diane!! The flowers both inside and out are so beautiful!! The lace along the top of the jar is a perfect touch!! Love, love this my friend!! Amazing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness, saw this over at the dies r us blog and just had to stop by and tell you that your card is absolutely gorgeous, love every detail of it!

New Creations said...

I love this beautiful creation. Love that embossed BG with a gorgeous PP jar, really an awesome creation!!

Gretchen Wilson said...

You Rock Girlfriend, this is awesome and gorgeous all the same love every little detail about, the embossing, the DP, and especially the flowers, you NAILED this one.
Hugs,
Gretchen

ednamburgess said...

So very beautiful. Wish the folders were in stock. Great colors! Edna

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Diane....so delicate and I love how you filled the jar.Pat K x

nnalorac said...

Such a gorgeous card Diane, pretty papers, roses and love your embossing. Thanks for sharing on AYLI. Carol. Carol xx

Unknown said...

The lovely lace with the heart. all the delicate floral DP and I love mason jars. Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole

Ros Crawford said...

So pretty!! Love the embossed paper and your choice of papers ... so feminine

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so sweet, what a a pretty card and I love the papers. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel (Didos) xx

Vicki said...

I just love this card! It is gorgeous and makes me just want to "sigh"!

Unknown said...

Super cute! The embossing is that extra element that gives a little more interest for the eye.

Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

Kim
{Craftisan Studios}
Design Team Showcase

Christine L said...

Wowwwwwww this is so beautiful!!! I have to say that I love everything about it and wish it was sitting on my windowledge! Fabulously feminine...

Thanks for joining in the Anything Goes fun at In The Pink - good luck and I hope we see you enter again soon!

Christine (DT)

lalkygirl said...

What a pretty card ,love the papers and design
Thanks for joining us at CraftDee-Bowz and good luck
Tracey x

Jennipher said...

Diane, this is simply stunning! All the details are fabulous right down to the lovely cluster of rose embellishments!

Sharon Wheet said...

Diane, what a fabulously shabby card! I am a super fan of jars and what a stunning focal piece! LOVE IT! and TFS

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is absolutely STUNNING, Diane. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I am so blessed to have you join in our challenges.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Zw@@n said...

Fab card, Diane. I can see why the embossing folder is your favourite, it's gorgeous. I also love the paper and the roses. Stunning! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma