Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Window Box

Hi my dear friends....
this is my post today (this morning) at the
Classy Cards 'n Such blog for our current challenge...
won't you "Pretty Please" join in our challenge...
it would mean so much to us!!!



Hello my classy friends, Diane here with you today
with my card for our "Heart and Home" challenge.


Using the photo above for inspiration, I stamped a brick background  
using one of the many background stamps Beverly carries.


Using the PoppyStamps Small Madison Window die I added "wallpaper" and a little "valance"
cut from from KaiserCraft "On This Day 6 x 6 paper pad

The shutters are PoppyStamps Small Madison Shutter die, 
cut from a piece of black metallic paper from the Classy Fall Card Stock Bundle   
I love how the shutters have a pretty, shimmery look!


then with little Roses cut from Impression Obsession Spiral Flowers
The tiny hearts are from a small heart punch.

Hurry on over and join in our challenge, we would love to see YOUR project....
Don't forget to sign up for the newsletter....
 and help support us by telling your friends!!

Entering the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly .... To Die For
and
PDE Linky Party ....Metal Dies
and
Through The Craft Room Door .... Anything Goes


10 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Diane, what an awesome card! I love that you took the brick from the home and ran with it. Your window is so pretty.

Darlene said...

Oh Diane I just love what you've created! Love the hearts on the shutters and OMG you even have curtains/valances on the inside ... you certainly are fabulous with the details!
Will do my best to play along this week. LOVE that inspiration photo!!

Lisa said...

This is just stunning, Diane!! I have an obsession with bricks so I must have that background stamp now (even though I have like four others...thanks alot ;)!! Love, love everything about this!! It's gorgeous my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jenny Alia said...

Lovely Diane! I never even thought about using my window dies for this challenge. It's perfect! I like how you added the hearts too!

Mulberry Mindy said...

I sure do like your window! I have yet to purchase any of the window dies, they are all so lovely I can't decide which I like best. The brick wall around it adds so much great texture. Simply lovely my friend!
Mindy

Ros Crawford said...

I love your brick BG ... This card is awesome it totally captures the photo! Really fabulous Diane!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really awesome and pretty Diane. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Theresa said...

simply awesome. keep thinking of doing something like this but have never attempted it xx

Theresa said...

simply awesome. keep thinking of doing something like this but have never attempted it xx

Leslie Miller said...

I just purchased a window die set, with shutters and a window box. Been scratching my head on what I might do with it, and figuring it will just come to me eventually. Well, you can guess I'm pretty happy to see this darling card for inspiration! Dang, I saw that grass die and almost bought it, too. Now, I'm wishing... There's always going to be more, right? Love the little flowers you put in the window box, and the hearts on the shutters. So cute!