Friday, March 21, 2014

Floating Butterflies

Here is my post up on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog today!!

Welcome to the Classy Cards 'n Such blog today!!
We have our "Flutterbys" challenge going on....
Use a butterfly and/or a bird on your paper project.
Please read the challenges rules and have fun...
now onto today's post!!!

Diane here with you to show you a few "new" products
you just might "have to have"!!

I have mentioned before how I have discovered this wonderful
paper collection in the store...a nice heavy weight metallic,
perfect for die cuts or just a card base as I have used today!
The paper for my card is Champaign Neenah Pearlized Metallic.
Not only is it a shimmery pearl paper, the 111# weight makes a sturdy card base!


I embossed my card using Darice Cherry Blossom embossing folder.
Lots of pretty detail here!

New, and just recently released is the Poppy Stamps  "Leafy Sprig Border".
What is nice about this die is you can run it either vertical or horizontal across your card.
I  added glue just to the edges, so I could use my Crafters Tools by Cheery Lynn Designs
to "pick" up the leaves making them a bit more 3D.
I added tiny flowers using Cheery Lynn Designs "Tiny Flower Kit".
Little beads were added to the center of each flower.

The butterflies are also a new, recently released die from Memory Box "Precious Butterflies"
I love how delicate these are.  I only adhered them at the bow, making them "float" when the
card is moved.  Each butterfly was adorned with "Hot Pink Pearls".
The GORGEOUS paper used for the butterflies is "Key To My Heart" 12 x 12 by KaiserCraft

The card was finished with a Spellbinders die stamped with a sentiment from the
JustRite gorgeous stamp set "Just The Right Words".

Thanks for being with "me" today...see you soon!!

Challenges Entered:
Word Art Wednesday....Anything Goes
and
Creative Knockouts .... Things With Wings
and
Delightful Challenges .... Welcome Spring
and
Moving Along With The Times .... Photo Inspiration (below)

8 comments:

Darlene said...

This is SO PRETTY Diane! Love the floral butterflies (awesome idea) and the vines with the tiny flowers is just a beautiful touch! GREAT JOB!
(okay I don't have those butterflies ...Uuugh ... headed to the store! LOL)

Primitive Seasons said...

Beautiful Diane....such soft colors and spring feel. Despite the snow on the ground out your way!!!

Mary

Unknown said...

I have admired this card on another site and am very happy to see it once again. The heavy glimmer paper is such a beautiful base for your blooming foliage and floral butterflies. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

Leslie Miller said...

I love that kind of metallic paper. I just got that embossing folder, too. And, guess what? I finally got a butterfly die! It's a border and I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with it, but it sure is pretty! You've sure used some pretty elements on your card today. Love the butterflies hanging from a bow, and anything leafy or viney is just my type. It makes a fabulous border! Springtime is just around the corner!

Lisa said...

As soon as I read "new products you just might have to have" I almost fled your blog...you know how you enable me!! But I'm sooo glad I didn't!! This is stunning!! Of course I now have to have some of that paper!! The butterflies and the twiny vines are gorgeous!! I love, love this my friend!! It's amazing!! And I was just kidding about leaving...I would never do that ;) Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jacquel said...

What a beautiful & elegant card you made! LOVE the texture & those gorgeous butterflies...very, very nice work!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Creative Knockouts & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!

Ros Crawford said...

You're going to need another room to house all those dies!! Lovely card Diane ... I love those butterflies!

SarahGeorge said...

Gorgeous card, Diane. The butterflies are sooo pretty :)