Saturday, October 5, 2013

Autumn Blessings At Magazine Monday

A few months ago I started doing a challenge at Papercrafters Corner
it's a real challenge for me and I love a good challenge.....
 
This week we were to use the cover below for our inspiration....
 
 
I struggled, I have to admit....
All over my creative table are things I was trying to put together...
but in all that mess on my desk, I just wasn't "feeling it", know what I mean??
I finally decided to focus on one thing, and that thing is "color"....
I actually like how it turned out and it was super easy, which is always a plus!!
 
 
I have seen a lot of the "spattered" look lately, which pushed me into buying
this set from SU called "Gorgeous Grunge"....
I used this set for my background, inking it, then stamping it off on scrap paper,
then stamping it on my card stock, giving it a much more subdued look!
Simple?  Yes, but sometimes I like simple!!
 
Products used for this are:
Tim Holtz Distress inks Wild Honey and Vintage Photo
SU stamps Gorgeous Grunge and Lexicon of Love
Flourishes (sentiment) Autumn Blessings
SU card stock Very Vanilla and Creamy Carmel

I also have a second post today, take a peak!!
 

6 comments:

Darlene said...

This is awesome Diane. Love the splatter look and the beautiful fall golden colors are fabulous! Great job ( again)!

Darlene said...

This is awesome Diane. Love the splatter look and the beautiful fall golden colors are fabulous! Great job ( again)!

Stephenie said...

So beautiful!! Love your use of colors from this challenge!

Ros Crawford said...

Simply lovely! Sometimes the simple things are the best!

Sherrie K. said...

Such a beautiful card!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

It's absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! Wow, I just love the look of the stamps!! You did a fabulous job my friend!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts