Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Prima Paper Doll Blog Hop ~ Week 2

 
 WOW!  Have you seen the Prima Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll stamps?
  They are ADORABLE! 
A few of us are having so much fun with them that we’ve decided to put together a 4 Part HOP and the rules are very simple.  Each Tuesday throughout the month of August we will be sharing creations made with a variety of these fabulous stamps to inspire you.  All you will need to do is HOP to each of our blogs each Tuesday in August and leave us a comment.  Be sure to include your email address because on August 30th we will EACH BE GIVING AWAY A PRIZE.  We will be sharing what our individual prize packages are on our blogs.  REMEMBER … you will need to comment EACH TUESDAY to qualify for the prize!  AND … if you share our hop info on your blog, your name will go in twice towards the prize.  WAIT THERE’S MORE!  If you become a follower/subscriber you get a THIRD CHANCE!!
So what do you say?  Ready for some fun??
 
Welcome to week 2 of our Prima Paper Doll Blog Hop
(missed week one?..there is still time... go here)
As mentioned, our theme is "Seasons"
and this week it is "Summer".
 
For my summer project I chose to create a canvas...
 
 
I mixed two shades of blue paint and spritzed them with stamp cleaner....
it gave a "washed" look to the colors....
I used a star negative for a stencil and some bubble wrap for my background...
Sand paper was used at the bottom to achieve a "sandy" beach....
I mod podged a piece of paper onto the canvas, added a sailboat
I stamped with a Unity stamp, and some rub on's...
the doll herself was stamped on Prima ledger paper,
I rubbed some Pebbles cream chalks for her skin tones...
her dress was paper pieced......
 
 
glitter was added here and there for some sparkle...
 
To me, summer also makes me think of all the county fairs....
 
I had to make a tag and went with a county fair theme.....
Again, her body was stamped on Prima Ledger paper and rubbed with Pebbles cream chalks
I paper pieced her dress from a denim look paper...
her cowgirl hat, boots, rope and saddle are all from a sticker set....
the grand prize ribbon I made using a Tim Holtz rosette Alterations die...
I used chalkboard paper a new, just arrived today SU chalk pen
for my country fair sign.....
 
 
Hope you have enjoyed these creations this week...
and now you need to hop on along and see the lovely creations
from the other girls!!!
here is the list for you.....
 
Nellies Nest (that's me)
 
don't forget to read the rules and sign up for my blog candy shown below
I might even add more to it, you just never know (wink)!!!!


33 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

Love the cowgirl Diane. How did you ever think of that!

Mary

Primitive Seasons said...

Love your projects Diane. How did you ever think of a cowgirl?

Mary

Mulberry Mindy said...

Your canvas turned out so cute! I love how you used the bubble wrap for the background. I save the stuff, but never remember to use it. I also fell in love with your cowgirl, and feel ashamed that the Texan didn't think of it first! Thanks for such wonderful inspiration!
Mindy
http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are both so adorable, love those cowboy boots!

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Diane!!!

Ficou sensacional o seu trabalho!!!! AMEI !!! Já fiz comentário no BLOG da Darlene, Mary e Lisa.

Beijos

ParkNSlide said...

The cowgirl and country fair theme are perfect. I love her boots and bandana. So many cute embellies.

Karon said...

Fabulous creations. Love the canvas and the colours. Your tag is wonderful, love how your dressed up the stamp, perfect. Follower and enjoying this great August hop.

karon(dot)hughes(at)gmail(dot)com

Darlene said...

OH MY STARS!!! These are AWESOME!!! LOVE the summer time scene you've created on your canvas ... very clever! So many fabulous, creative ideas (I'll be 'borrowing' BTW) ... LOL!
But your CowGirl tag is OVER THE TOP cute! LOVE her boots (at first glance I thought she had them on the wrong feet! LOL) FANTASTIC creations my friend ...
I'm so thrilled to be doing this hop with you ladies ... looks like I need to 'step it up a bit' ... my creations seem 'blah' next to everything you ladies are making! But that's okay ... that's how we grow ... right!
Fantastic Diane!! Thanks so much for wonderful inspiration! Have a fun day!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow wow wow! Fabulous creations here ... I love the summer theme and the country fair is so unique ... brilliant work with those lovely girls

Sherrie K. said...

Your canvas is amazing! The shades of blue are awesome! The design is so darn fun-Lovin' the Prima girl stamps!
The county fair tag could not be any cuter! I love all the details and texture! FABULOUS job!
Have a super day!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
jskoning at msn dot com

Scrap for Joy said...

I think the neatest thing about these stamps is that even when several of us use the same stamp, they all turn out so differently! Love your canvas! The background is so inventive..bubble wrap...genius! Your country fair girls is a hoot! Love her hat and boots!
xoxo
Joyce

~ Jo ~ said...

Diane your projects are awesome! But I must say, I LOVE how you turned the one doll into a county fair cowgirl!!! Love it!

Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Diane, your projects are amazing!! I am in love with the canvas!! I love the scene you've created!! The details are fabulous...love the seagull in the corner!! And the background is awesome!! And oh my gosh, the county fair tag is spectacular!! Her boots!! Love!! You are so creative my friend!! Looking forward to your fall projects!! Happy Tuesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Debbie K. said...

Diane, my jaw is dropping over your creative ways. Love your projects! Superb, no doubt about it!!

Joanie said...

Your canvas and tag are great! The cowgirl boots are so cute.
I really love your canvas it seems very dreamy and is a great escape just looking at it. You gave some great ideas for creating texture and depth. Thanks.
joanc@satx.rr.com

Joanie said...

oh, last week I joined your blog. I think joining your blog and the others was a great idea. I don't have a blog.
joanc@satx.rr.com

SiskiyouSue said...

Wow! Love the ways you made these your own!

Mary Ann said...

Love your projects!!!Awesome!!!

Alvina said...

Just adorable, I love your creations, thanks for sharing.

alvinadiaz@msn.com

Kathy Salido said...

2 more super fun projects!! Love the cowgirl and how you added the rope!!
salido99@msn.com

Createology said...

You had me smiling at the Summer vacation doll with her camera. Then I actually had to laugh seeing your Cowgirl at the County Fair tag. How very fun! Creative Happy Hearts...

Kristi said...

wow! What cuties! Love the beach and country fair themes!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your canvas is fabulous, but that cowgirl stole my heart! OMG- LOVE the fair themed tag!!! Amazing work!
Shellymc2 at Comcast.net

Linda said...

Really great stuff! I love those cowboy boots! I'm really enjoying this blog hop and have added the link to my blog: www.gracefilledmoments.blogspot.com Thanks for sharing! Linda (LSmithRN62@yahoo.com)

Enderby said...

I love the cowgirl. I am from Texas and that never entered my mind. The highlighting of the hair on the canvas girl is so wonderful.

Thanks for sharing
Debbie P
deb.peysen@suddenlink.net

Crafty Moni said...

Fabulous work! I love your projects, they are adorable:) Love the way you used the stickers on the tag, great way to accessorize.


Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L .

Crafty Moni said...

Yay im already a follower:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L .

Gretchen Wilson said...

Diane such cute gals for the summer, love the county fair chick. I'll be working on my girls this weekend at a 3 day retreat, can't wait.
Hugs
Gretchen

Davi said...

Your beachy canvas is so pretty with all the great elements, love the sand! BUT I have to say the western tag is my favorite! Love all your fun elements on it ;)

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Love both projects. especially the canvas. nicely done. ajscreativeenergy@yahoo.com.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

I am a follower.

Indy's Designs said...

Totally cute projects! I absolutely adore your cowgirl! Those add details are spectacular!

Anonymous said...

Beach or country fair, I love them both, especially the details.
Carol b
Cburnsstar@aol.com