Thursday, August 29, 2013

Little Bluebird

Wanted to share my guest design post at the
Classy Cards 'n Such blog today....
I would love to have to go visit and leave me "some love" there..
 
Hello, it's Diane  today on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog
 to share with you this super cute birdie card.
We still have some summer left and it felt like the kind of  day to create
a summery card and this cute stamp was perfect!
 

I don't know if you are familiar with Stampavie or not, but once you see them. 
I know you will LOVE them as much as I do.
This little fellow is called Bird on a Branch
I made him  into a bluebird, I just love the pop of orange color on his belly
His butterfly "friend" is also part of the 2 piece stamp set.
I colored him in with Copics and added a teeny tiny lady bug made with
black and red Viva Pearl Pens..
A bit of Stickles was added to the center of the flowers..
The "frame" you see around him is a Cheery Lynn Designs die called Polynesian Sails Oval
This die is a wonderful buy, as inside is a small doily die, so when purchasing it,
it is like getting 2 dies for the price of one...what a bonus!!!
The polka dot paper you see (pretty isn't it?) is from the 6 x6 paper pad
by Simple Stories called Vintage Bliss
however, Beverly has several paper pads to choose from and is adding new ones all the time.
If you would like to give them a "peek", you can see them HERE
 

I finished off my card by making my own envelope with the "envelope punch board"
you just have to have one of these, they make over 60 super easy sizes of envelopes...
but I have to warn you, once you start making them, you don't want to stop!!
And it's a good way to use up some of those papers that you just don't know what to do with!
 
 
These can be lined (a hint is when you cut your paper (this one is cut 8 1/8" by 8 1/8"), you cut a
pretty piece of designer paper slightly smaller, maybe 8" to line the inside of the envelop
before you score and punch it.  You could also use double sided designer paper, and turn out
beautiful ones that way, too!
I made mine out of cardstock, then just somewhat outlined my stamp with a marker
and stamped it on the front!!

Some of the other items I used to make my card are:
1/2" Scor-tape



I hope you enjoyed my project today...and I will see you again soon!!
PS:  Don't forget you can get 10% off any purchase using my code DIANE-10

9 comments:

Karon said...

Beautiful colour combo and love that sweet bird image! TFS

Lisa said...

Oh, what a beautiful card, Diane!! The image is so sweet!! You colored it beautifully!! I have bluebirds in the spring and they look just like this!! The frame is gorgeous!! Love it!! I'm off to leave you some love at Classy Cards n Such :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

What a gorgeous card! the papers are so pretty and what a sweet image! Love it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Dianne said...

Another fabulous designer card, wow, you have show cased the products beautifully, the bird really looks like he is looking at the butterfly,the little ladybug is perfect, you've colored it beautifully, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day my friend...

Curt in Indy said...

Super cute card and as always, you add so much great detail. I just got an envelope punch board! I do like it a lot and use it predominantly for my large square cards. IT works great. Hope all is well! Hugs, Curt

Ros Crawford said...

He's so adorable!! Beautifully done!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous, I love it

Janelle Stollfus said...

I've just walked myself back to the beginning of your blog and was so much fun to see your cards and creativity. Have a great week and happy stamping!

Leslie Miller said...

Sweetness! And such beautiful coloring! Stampavie stamps are adorable and I love them, too. Congrats on your guest spot, and great job!