Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Handmade Vellum Flowers

I feel good...
I am finally getting into the challenges again...
I have only been able to do a few...
and I love to do them...
 
I haven't done a Joan's Gardens challenge for quite sometime...
the challenge this week is:
Make 3 Vellum flowers
colors golden yellow and violet
mesh or tulle
and stencil on paper
and an item purchased from Joan's Gardens
Whew!!!  Now that is what I call a challenge!!!
 
 
I adhered my "tulle" to my cardstock with a spray adhesive I just recently purchased
from Joan's gardens called E6000...
it sticks real good, but you have to work fast as it dries very fast!!
Then I used some Martha Stewart Stencils and Tim Holtz Tea Dye Ink
and stenciled right over the tulle for my background
I added a beautiful piece from Graphic 45's Secret Garden paper pad
(also purchased from Joan's Gardens.
 
My vellum flowers were cut out with a TH Alterations Tattered Flower die
(also purchased from Joan's Gardens)
I edged them with stickles for some "glitz".
The leaves are from a Heartfelt die and covered with a "new to me" product
by Art Anthology called Dimensional Crystal in a "Pickle" color
it is the neatest stuff and I have it on order from Joan...
 
Challenges entered"
and
and
Sweet Stamps ~ Anything Goes

12 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Diane, it is great to have you join us this week. Your flowers are so pretty and I love how you stenciled over the tulle. Great job.

Thanks again for joining us this week at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Ros Crawford said...

Glad all is well with you ... this is another lovely card ... those flowers are beautiful ... Have a good day!

Curt in Indy said...

Love this challenge and your flowers are so beautiful! I also looked over several posts past, and your Halloween shoes and Prima dolls were amazing! Thanks for welcoming me back. It is good to be back! Hugs, Curt

Darlene said...

AWESOME my friend! LOVE your design and those 'sparkly' flowers are fabulous! Beautifully done Diane! HUGS from OHIO!!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! The flowers are stunning!! The sparkle is a perfect touch!! This is just fabulous my friend!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! I have never created vellum flowers before, Diane. They certainly do look beautiful! Tulle is a great tool, isn't it! smile. :-) stamping hugs, de

Anonymous said...

Stunning flowers !! LOVE your card and am glad your getting back into the challenges :-)

Createology said...

You certainly rocked this challenge. Vellum is not easy to work with yet your flowers are beautiful. Creative Happy Hearts...

NGCARDS said...

Aww those flowers look gorgeous! Thanks for playing at PTW this week! xxx

Irit Shalom said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for entering Sweet Stmaps challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the beautiful vellum flowers- and love the stenciling too. Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com


Kelly said...

Beautifully done! Those flowers are simply gorgeous!