Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tulip Time

Good May 1st to you all!!!
It's another wonderful warm, sunshiney day today....
I have tons to do, we are leaving tomorrow until Sunday....
I also have several cards to make this month for birthdays...
which brings us to this card I made for my Mom's birthday
she will be 86 and all she wants is seeds for her gardens...
yep she is 86 and she still gardens...
on a smaller scale then me...but isn't that great??
 
The challenge this week at Joan's Gardens...well, it was my idea.... 
while at Joans last month we (5 of us) helped Joan with some challenge ideas
so, if you have any complaints, blame me...lol...
the challenge is the word "TULIPS"...
use something from each letter of the word
here is mine
 
 
T....I used my tulip dies...I combined 2 of them to get these 3d kind of tulips
U...this one was tricky, so I used the word "ultimate"
L....I added some lace to my wheelbarrow, which was cut on my Circut
I....this was easy, as I used an "item" purchased at Joan's Gardens, the Memory Box
      dies Tulip Petals and Dancing Tulips, as well as the Kaiser pearl, and the Joy
      grass die
P....Red Pearl
S....sentiment
 
I wanted to share a few pictures of my "kitchen Garden".....it's where I got the inspiration
 
 
 
my kitchen garden is full of herbs and flowers, small but powerful at times
and also my gorgeous all white daffodil...I have about 37 varieties of daffodils

 
and the blooming Leopards Bane

 
well off to, you can guess where...the gardens!!!

8 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW!!! This is a beautiful creation Diane and your flower gardens are a paradise (and I know there's so much more to come!). LOVE that all white daffodil and WOWZA 37 varieties ... YOU GO GIRL! Thanks for the fun challenge idea ... it really made me have to THINK before creating ... need to do that some times! LOL! Enjoy the sunshine ... hope to talk to you soon!
HUGS from OHIO!

Darlene said...

P.S. LOVE how you did the sentiment on the wheel ... very clever!

Pssequimages said...

AAAAHHH so THERE's where the blame lies for this fun (and tricky) challenge. It was the "U" that really tripped me up this week, and oddly the "L" too because I didn't think of loops or lace, or even the name of several of the L dies I have! That little wheelbarrow is just adorable. Thank you for the inspiration, Diane!Cute card and clever wheelbarrow wheel.

Dianne said...

Hey Girly lovely card the flowers look great 3D, love the wheel very kool. I did get your email and sent the 3 of you and email, hope you got it..

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! The flowers are beautiful and I love the wheelbarrow!! How creative to put the sentiment in the tire!! What a fun idea for a challenge...to use things from the letters of tulip!! Love it!! Have fun in your beautiful gardens :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kristi said...

Very pretty! It's so cool that you were inspired by your lovely garden!

Ros Crawford said...

What a clever challenge and your card is beautiful ... Oh Diane your flowers are spectacular ... what a gorgeous garden ... Happy Birthday to your Mom!

bumblebee creations said...

so very pretty!!