Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Bird ~ Read This For A Good Laugh

It's a rainy Sunday morning here....
a good day to be in my creative room....
 
 
I made this card for the challenge at Impression Obsession
to use your favorite technique....
all I can say is I think I got up too early as my brain
seems to still be "asleep"
 
First I had this technique in mind, which I have done numerous times
but after 3 attempts of failure I gave up (for today)
so then I stamped my IO bird and decided to use one of my
"trial" flowers (after all I am "trying" to use things up) for my technique.....
so I get the card all done and look at my "long legged" bird
and realize I have mounted him sideways.....'
those aren't legs, he is perching on a branch....
lol....lol....lol....lol....
however, I kind of like him :>)
 
Now I am not sure if I should just stay out of the creative room today
and do something else or give it one last attempt!!
 
Anyhow my bird can be purchased from IO he is Bird E7716

13 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

I don't think I would have noticed if you had not pointed it out! I like all your added extras and the colors too. Nice card!
PH

Lisa said...

LOL!! I wouldn't have noticed either if you hadn't said anything! It looks fabulous!! Maybe he's a little heavy from stocking up on seeds for the winter and he is weighing the branch down a bit ;) Love it my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kristi said...

Love it Diane! I think he still looks good sitting that way! I can see where you would've gotten the long legs!

Shirley said...

Hi Diane, Your post was so much fun. It sounds like me on the technique thing and the legs aren't that far off either!!! I love your card. It is really beautiful. The rose is perfect for your bird and he is precious, legs and all!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

kathyinozarks said...

have had days like that-no one will ever know I don't call these mistakes anymore-rather artistic surprises
enjoy your day Kathy

Christine said...

I think it's lovely. The angle just makes it look as if the branch is sticking out towards you

Ros Crawford said...

Love it!! I really love all the textures from stamping to burlap and your flowers are always beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how funny! But I like him, too. He's just sitting on a downturned branch and he looks just fine. Love the nature theme of your card.

Rachel B. said...

Lovely and funny!

Craftyfield said...

From afar it does look like legs but not from up close! Don't worry your bird looks like he is meant to be leaning that way. Lovely card with great details.

Shona said...

I never would have noticed either!
I think it looks great!

Katie said...

Your card turned out great even with that long-legged bird! I almost bought that stamp...will have to get it next time. I love the added butterflies and rose. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Karenladd said...

I got such a kick out your sideways bird! I've done that too many times, but it seems that all is well because your card is just beautiful!