Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Expressing Art

This is the project I made this week at Joan's Gardens....
 
look at all the goodies that were used on this one.....
lets start with the background....
I have been into background stamps lately, but this is not a stamp, but a stencil...
yes, that's right, a stencil,
using Liquitex Molding Paste mixed with  TH Distressed Walnut In Refill....
the hardest part was letting it dry (which is pretty fast)...
then look at all those lovely dies (I will list at the end)....
the lovely lady is from Graphic 45's "A Ladies Diary"...
she was covered with Ranger's Perfect Meduim, then Utee and heated until smooth...
what fun...she is so pretty with a beautiful sheen...
My gorgeous flower was also made by me....
 
My take on the "sentiment" is my background...
it reads something like this ....
 "Art is just another way of expressing our innermost
thoughts onto concrete media"....so true!!
 
I am entering this into the Shabby Tea Room challenge "Summer Cottage"
using the colors shown, distressing element and sentiment....
 
Some of the products used are:
TWC 6 x 6 template
Marianne dies LR0236 and LR0128
Cheery Lynn Dies B117S (Flourish)
Memory Box 98341 (fern)
Spellbinders S4357 Spiral Blossom.....all these products used may be purchased at Joan's Gardens

8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Diane!! The background stencil looks amazing!! I love the flower and flourishes and the lattice design!! Absolutely stunning :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Bonnie said...

This is a work of art, Diane! It's so feminine and elegant!

Kelly said...

WOW...this is absolutely GORGEOUS! You can tell a lot of thought went into this. I love everything about it from the color combo to the die to the flower to the image. Everything!
What a work of art!

Rebekah said...

great stencil.. breathtaking!

Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR. Glad to have you!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful ... I love the sentiment ... perfect!!

Rhonda said...

Hi Diane,

I was wondering how I could leave you a message on Pinterest and then I saw your blog board.

The message is: "I think I repinned 20% of your card boards but I'm not done looking at your stuff so the percentage might go higher. We have similar tastes."

I am a new follower. I hope you can visit my blog.

Rhonda

xoxoxo ~Lori said...

MAMA! This card is amazing!! My birthday is Oct 2nd.... Love you talented lady!

Darlene said...

Oh Diane this card is just PERFECT for the inspirational piece offered up at the Shabby Tea Room challenge! AND, I love your flower ... sure looks better than mine. Guess I need more practice with this style of flower making!
HUGS from OHIO!