Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Garden Inspiration #2

Lilys...who doesn't love lilys???  There are so many varieties....I have lots and lots.....while I was out of town, my sister attended the area Garden Clubs plant sales...she bought  6 new day lilies for us to share....I planted mine yesterday...yummy names like Ocean Rain~Brocaded Gown~Southern Sunset~Scarlet Orbit~Pardon Me~and Designer Gown.....how fun...I in turn gave her two starts of a double white lilac~3 starts of my Pee Gee Hydranga~a new Iris I had just purchased and not yet planted called Edith Wolford...I have a habit of buying plants for names that mean something to me...my grandmother was Edith...I have a rose named "Bess" after my other grandmother "Bessie".....I also shared two Hosta's~ Blue Cadet and Christmas...and a start of Lobelia........
My card inspiration today is one of the Oriental Lilies newly planted this year...I saw these"paper" lilies on another blog.....made with the SU 5 Petal Flower Punch....are these fantastic or what.....love them!!!   Back tomorrow with another "inspiration from the garden!!!

4 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

These are gorgeous!!!! Oh my goodness-is that glimmer mist in the middle? WOW!!!

stampinfrog said...

Oh Diane I love the handmade Lilies on your card. They are just as gorgeous as the real ones!
Hugs,Connie

Kelly said...

OMG...OMG...OMG...This card is GORGEOUS! Love how you inked the middle and added the stamens to make them look so real! You really did a fabulous job with them!

Curt in Indy said...

Love your inspiration card, and those lilies are gorgeous. You are quite the gardener! Beautiful colors on your card! Best, Curt