Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pecked Just For You~Cupcake Friday Challenge TECC75




I participated in yet another challenge!! This one is from Taylored Expressions Cupcake Friday challenge. I made another large card, kind of fun to change from the "norm"! I bought these chicken Hambo stamps (2003) and this the first I have inked them! My Mom, sister, and I used to have these "running chicken jokes" we played on each other for years, every Christmas, birthday, or just a special day, we would get some kind of a "funky" chicken item......I can't even remember what it was all about or why we did it now, but it was fun at the time, so I think I had purchased these cute "little chickens" with my Mom and Sister in mind!

I am into using up "old Stock", so I sewed SU (retired) DS paper on my card base (another item I have had for about 13 years and am using up...the card base I mean) using black thread and my machine, used a SU 1 3/4" punch to punch the images out, opened a new pack of ribbon (dated 2002), added that at the bottom, added my sentiment (also Hambo).....so how bout "those chickens"???

4 comments:

Judi M said...

What a fun card to go along with your fun family tradition. There's a nice play between the circles and all the polka dots. Perfect sentiment for these stamps, too.

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute, and I love the dp you used!!!

Anonymous said...

Diane, this card is so cute!! I love your colors and that yummy ribbon for this!! ;)

Emily Leiphart said...

So fun! Love the chickens and the polka dot theme.