Monday, September 15, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away!


The two trees are part of our yard, NOT the creek!
Another view of trees in creek.
In front of the swing is a grassy area "by" the creek.

Here in lower Michigan we have been "blessed" with torrential rain downpours, nonstop since Friday. It really kicked in Saturday afternoon and has been relentless ever since! I thought after "Ike" blew thru yesterday evening it would let up. Well, it didn't, it rained all darn night and we are still getting rain! I can see a light at the end of the tunnel though, as south of us I can see some blue sky poking thru.

This has to be the worst I have ever seen it, and even most of the surrounding area schools are closed due to flooding. As I have mentioned before, we live on a creek, I mean right on it! It is now a river and our yard looks like a lake. We are lucky though, as we are up a slight embankment and are safe from any flooding in the house. I am sharing a few photos of the creek!
However, I am very grateful we don't have to endure what the people of Texas and Louisianna have had to put up with, my heart goes out to all of them!

No comments: