Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Teapot Tuesday #12




Today I did my card for the inspiration challenge "Happy Teapot Tuesday #12". You can find the link here http://mothermark.blogspot.com/ if you want to join along.

As you can see this was one cool teapot to inspire us! I had to really think this one thru as I only have a few owl images (so far), but I had recently purchased this new set from Stampin'Up! called "Owl Together Now". This is the cutest set!! I ran a piece of very vanilla cardstock thru my crimper (I find I have been using this tool alot this week.....get yours out and try it), then I took my chocolate chip ink pad and ran it over the crimped edges. I found a teapot cookie cutter I had and traced it and cut it out. The teapot lid is a yummy chocolate brad! The owls are perched on some "branches" I cut with a MS punch. The background paper is of course "chocolate chip" that I embossed with my CB folder. I added some ribbon and the sentiment, its also from the same SU Owl set! The base card is kraft cs.

You can see more of the teapots on Split Coast Stampers by typing MMTPT12, if you want to see some of the past teapot challenges, just change the last to numbers to MMTPY11 and so on.

6 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

Great carrying out of the teapot theme. Little owls are so cute!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is absolutely adorable!

Nichole said...

Love it!! The owls are too cute!

Libby Hickson said...

Great job on this challenge - I especially love the branches the owls are sitting on.

CathyRose said...

Great take on the challenge, love the owl card!

Darlene said...

You did a great job on Cindy's teapot challenge! Your owls are so cute and the bg is perfect!! I haven't gotten around to this one ... yet!