Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sad Day At The "B" House!


I have been babysitting four of my grandchildren since last Sept. Today was my last day as their Mom (my daughter) is leaving her job and going to try and stay home with them. So, today when I arrived my grandchildren 2, 5, 7, and almost 14 had these flowers, bagels and cream cheese and a card that my 7 yearold grandson made for me. The front of the card said Sad Last Day, inside he had hand written We enjoyed having you as our babysitter. We'll really miss you! We're really sorry that today is your last day. Love~it was signed by all of them.

Now I have to say it brought tears to my eyes. I have enjoyed watching them grow and the changes that I otherwise would have missed this last year. They are all characters and kept me "entertained" to say the least. The best thing for them, is they will have Mom~good for her and good for them, and my much neglected house will maybe shine again!

Even though I am ready to be home again~I will miss you guys!! Love Gma

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you're feeling, it is a very sad day. We went through the same thing almost three years ago with our first grandson. My husband and I own a general contracting business and we watched him since he was 6 weeks old. We had him from 6:30 in the morning until noon everyday for the first three years of his life. We would rearrange our schedule when we could but we still had a business to run so he grew up going to the job sites with us. All our sub contractors were so good to him. He spent hours riding with our high lift operator while he dug a basement or graded a lot but when our daughter in law got pregnant with our second grandson she decided to quit her job just before she gave birth. To this day everyone misses seeing him on a daily basis and even though he doesn't remember alot of what we did or where we went during that time he was with us we have wonderful pictures and even better memories to share with him. We consider ourshelves so lucky to have been able to spend that time together. You're even luckier because you had four of them!!
I thought being a parent was great but being a grandparent is WONDERFUL!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Diane, what a sad day for you!! I used to take care of my friend's daughter (same age as my son) and I was sad when I stopped - and she was just a friend, not a grandbaby! Hope you're doing ok.